Prayers for Charlottesville and the others
I send my condolences to the family who lose love ones in Charlottesville, Virginia, and those who were hurt in that city, I send my prayers to all.
Remember in your prayers the Metropolitan Community Church of Charlottesville and all the other churches and pastors who are working to bring peace and justice to the city.
In case you haven’t heard,
- A car plowed into a crowd of anti-racist demonstrators in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing one person after a white supremacist rally was shut down by police. A suspect is in custody.
- A state police helicopter also crashed while responding to the protests, killing two officers.
- White supremacists gathered in the college town for the “Unite the Right” rally, where they chanted racist, anti-somatic, and homophobic slogans.
- Hundreds of counter-protesters were also there, including local interfaith leaders, activists, and self-described anti-fascist protesters.
- City officials and the state’s governor have declared a state of emergency.
Friday nights torch caring white nationalist march through the University of Virginia saw marchers chanting Nazi slogans, punching counter-protesters, and spraying them with chemicals.
Rev. Elder Troy D Perry